I’m trying to spruce up my wardrobe a bit by doing a bit of selfish sewing.
I’m naming my latest creation The Secretary Dress.
Because I think it looks like something a secretary would wear.
Or maybe a librarian.
The top of the dress is made out of a jersey t-shirt of mine that had a stain in the front.
I referenced a tutorial at Tea Rose Home for the ruffles, though honestly I ended up going my own route.
I made the bottom of the dress out of some black knit that I had in my stash. It’s a little heavier weight than your average jersey knit.
I found a tutorial at Elle Apparel really helpful for coming up with my measurements and game plan.
I think the dress looks really cute and I love the way it turned out. I think I’ll pair it with a shorter cardigan to hide my very lumpy mid-section.
There are definitely more dresses in the works.