I chose to do the tunic length with a half sleeve (you can also do a shirt or dress) and then I panicked when I realized halfway through cutting that I did not have enough material for the cowl. I briefly considered swapping in an all white fabric for the cowl, but the material I had was a different weight so I skipped it and hoped for the best. I’m so glad I did.
The top ended up having such a beautiful ballet neckline. It really is flattering and very comfortable to wear. This pattern was also easy to sew and I used my serger to finish the seams even though it’s optional.
I’d like to make another and try out the cowl. I could see it looking great in a stripe of some sort. Then again, I love stripes.