This costume nearly killed me.
It started off simple enough, with a $5 mask at Walmart.
I’m blaming my pregnancy brain on the awful adventure that followed.
I made the black jumpsuit out of fleece and then sewed it all up to make sure it would fit since I hadn’t used a pattern. Of course, then I had to unpick most of the seams so that I could attach the white vinyl patches.
Sewing with pleather/vinyl isn’t fun. It sticks and stretches and is annoying. I figured out towards the end that I could put a sheet of tissue paper on top of the vinyl and then sew right through it. I wish I had figured it out sooner because it would have saved me some of my sanity.
But it is done. The boy is happy. And I am happy to be done with it.